Servants in this ministry get to demonstrate the love of Jesus in a practical and powerful way…
…by feeding the hungry- both physically and spiritually!
The Mosaic Meals Ministry exists to allow the people of Mosaic to demonstrate the love of Jesus to the community. The mission is not that of “providing a meal to those in need”, but in displaying the attitude of Christ to a lost world. This includes the meeting of physical and spiritual needs. The ministry is not about providing a meal, but about making disciples .. disciples providing a meal.. it is about the privilege we have been given to show the love of Jesus..
Many ways to serve:
- Cook/prepare food
- Set up /Tear down
- Bake desserts for the meal and/or the “Brown Bag Lunches”
- Prepare “Brown Bag Lunches”
- Prepare “To Go” meals for shut-ins
- Deliver the “To Go” meals
- Greet/encourage our guests
The meal is held the LAST Friday of each month. The day looks like this:
- 12:30-4:00pm- Food prep and Cooking
- 2:00-4:00pm-Preparing Bag Lunches to be handed out at the end of the meal
- 3:00-5:00pm- Room set up
- 4:00-5:00pm- preparing “To Go” hot meals for shut-ins
- 5:00-5:30pm- Chapel time in the Sanctuary for our guests
- 5:00-6:00pm- Delver “To Go” meals to shut-ins
- 5:30-6:30pm- Serve the meal
- 6:30-7:00pm- Clean Up and Tear Down
The underlying hope for the servants in this ministry is their ability to recognize that we do not “have” to serve.. pray for.. encourage and engage with the community.. we “get” to be Christ to them.
If you would like to be a part of the team serving the meal, you can sign up online here or in the fellowship hall over the weekend.
For more information about the Mosaic Meals Ministry, click here.