A Special Announcement to Parents regarding AWANA
We are so excited to be serving your kids with the AWANA program starting up September 27th at 6:45 pm. Hallie Cramer is the AWANA Administrator so you will get to know her well, if you don’t already and will see her each week.
Just a few details that we need all parents to know:
- We need ALL parents to park in the Benton Street lot when dropping off or picking your child up.
- Please watch for signs to enter the building on Benton Street. We have created a new entrance for Children’s Ministry and AWANA on Benton Street , it is not the door that is normally used for services and classes, so be sure to check it out!
- Registration and check-in will be done just inside the new entrance at the original check-in desk for children’s ministry, across from the nursery.
- If your child 2 or 3 years old they will go directly to ROOM 108 upon arriving for AWANA.
- If your child is 4 or 5 yrs. old they will go directly to ROOM 109 upon arriving.
- Children in Kindergarten through 6th grade will go to the Fellowship Hall.
- Please drop your child off at the church NO earlier than 6:30 and pick them up NO later than 8:15. Use the same entrance that you dropped your child off to pick them up. ALL children must be signed in and out by an ADULT picking the child up.
Thank you for allowing your children to be a part of such an amazing program. We look forward to seeing new friendships develop, excitement each week to come, and growth in the knowledge of who are great Savior is.
January 10th – Awana returns – Welcome back!
January 17th – Pajama Party – Wear your pajamas to club
January 24th – Sundae Spectacular – We will be having ice cream, bring a topping to share.
January 31st – Bring a Friend Night
February 7th – BIG game night
February 14th – Valentine’s Day – wear hearts, red, pink, or white (this is also our Ash Wednesday service, Elementary age kids will be having class in Room 211)
February 21st – Goofy glasses night
February 28th – AWANA colors night – dress in one of the 4 Awana colors (green, blue, yellow, red) and learn what each of the colors mean
March 7th – Fruit of the Spirit night – we will play games with fruit, eat a fruit themed snack, and learn about the Fruits of the Spirit
March 14th – March Madness – wear the colors or a shirt from your favorite sports team
March 21st – Backwards night – wear your clothes backwards or inside out
March 28th – No Awana
April 4th – No Awana
April 11th – Awana returns – Welcome back!
April 18th – PB & J night – bring a jar of peanut butter or jelly for our food pantry – we will have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for a snack and talk about local missions
April 25th – Character night – dress like your a Bible character or a favorite character from a book, TV show, or movie
May 2nd – Rewind night – we will replay the kid’s favorite songs and games from throughout the Awana year
May 9th – Family dessert and game night – bring your parents, siblings, and grandparents and a dessert to share for our last night of club.
If you’re interested in serving in the AWANA program, we ask that all servants to complete an application and have a background check completed. Background checks are done through the church.
- If you would like an application mailed to you, click here.
- If you would like to complete your application online, click here.
For more information about serving in AWANA, click here.